Cost To Mount A TV In Charlotte
How much does it cost to mount a tv in Charlotte is an excellent question and varies substantially depending on degree of difficulty, materials utilized and TV mounting service. Buying a brand-new flat screen TV is a great sensation however until it is mounted on the wall you haven’t experienced the full effect. What better way to protect and showcase flat-screen tv than to beautifully mount it on the wall of your choice.
Most specialists including us recommend highly that all flat screen tvs be mounted to the wall for safety, security and functionality. Mounting these new 4K TVs securely to an acceptable wall structures is critical for child welfare as written about here.
Factors Affect the Cost To Mount A TV
- The surface area the tv will be mounted does affect the cost to mount a tv. Brick and stone are more difficult so there is generally an upcharge. That price includes things like special anchors and additional labour needed.
- The height of the TV mount installation. Prices reflect mounting up to 6ft off the floor.
- Wire concealment immediately after tv installation. Prices for wire concealment vary significantly. Basic drop installations from tv to 16″ off floor. Again like the surface area is, it can affect the cost of mounting a tv.
- The cost to mount a TV over fireplaces can be incredibly hard to estimate due to fire blocking etc. All fireplace estimates are subject to change once a technician is on-site and has been able to properly access the difficulty of the installation. That being said we are typically very accurate with our over the phone and digital estimates once we obtain required photos. See information below about wire concealment.
- Another factor that can affect the cost to mount a tv.Mounts and accessories that the homeowner can purchase themselves or have us supply. Mounts can now be purchased at most local Charlotte retail outlets. South Charlotte Services only makes money on labor so we have no problem installing a homeowner supplied wall mount. Just be aware that we can only warranty our products. You still get a 5 year workmanship warranty. You will be responsible for registering the mount you purchased.
Other Factors That Influence Price | How Much Does It Cost To Mount A TV
Several factors that can certainly influence the cost to wall mount a TV.
Are you attempting to mount tv over a fireplace? What type of surface are we mounting tv to? Stone or brick? Are you wanting us to hide the cables if possible? Is there a power outlet nearby? There might also be a sheetrock repairs after installation if wire fishing is inhibited. All these affect the true cost to mount a tv.
The next expense is the actual mount. They vary tremendously in functionality, quality and cost. Basically there are 3 types of wall mounts whether they are manually or electrically remote controlled.
- Fixed or Low Profile Mount
- Tilt Mount
- Articulated or Full Motion
All perform a unique task. Fixed mounts are excellent if you are looking for a sleek picture like look. Tilt mounts are designed for higher tv installations like as fireplaces and reduce glare. Articulated or full motion mounts are designed to allow full motion control meaning viewing from multiple angles.
South Charlotte TV Mounting Cost With Homeowner Supplied Mount
Cost of mounting a tv can vary greatly between installers and products used. At South Charlotte Services we only use high quality materials and wall mounts, however feel free to buy your own. Just don’t buy a cheap mount to hang an expensive TV.
- Basic TV Installation | Up to 50″ $60.00 | 51″to 55 $80.00 | 56″ to 65 $100.00 | 65″ call for quote.
- TV Mounting TV Over Sheetrock Fireplace | $130.00-$170.00
- Mounting TV Above Stone Fireplace | $180.00-$300.00
- Mounting TV Above Brick Fireplace | $150.00-$200.00
- Sound Bar Mounting to TV or Suitable Wall | $40.00-$50.00
- Drop-down Mounting | $250.00-$400.00
- Articulated Mount Assembly | $10.00
- TV Mount Wire Concealment | $60.00-$200.00
- High Strength 32″-70″ Tilt Mounts | $50
- Duel Arm Articulated or Full Motion Mounts | $80
More Items That Can Affect the Cost Of TV Mounting
The most significant cost for my services is sometimes wire concealment. Remember if your walls or fireplace were not pre-wired during the construction phase then wire concealment can be expensive. There are two ways in which to conceal your power, HDMI and fiber lines.
First, you can hide wiring in plastic tracking which comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. If you want to do it yourself, it runs around $30 at Lowes and Home Depot. Once you paint them the colour of the wall or fireplace, you forget they are even there.
Secondly, we run all your cabling behind the wall. If you desire to hide the cables inside the wall that is never an issue if possible expect to pay a minimum of $60 for open plate concealment. Materials eat up $25, so you know why most don’t want to do it. If you need new outlets completely, then expect to pay $100 to $150 for an electrician or us. We generally charge $50 for necessary on-wall wire concealment. Wire tracking is a great alternative, providing maximum camouflage as well as security from youngsters and also pet dogs getting to the cords. We can discuss those details during the consultation.
The more difficult the post-wiring is, the more it will cost. Behind wall wire concealment can be very difficult if not very expensive if fire-blocking is in your walls or fireplace. Wire concealment can be a catch 22, we can hide anything but how much are you willing to pay? Inside wall surfaces sometimes function far better than exterior walls due to the fact there is no insulation.
When figuring how much does it cost to mount a tv, remember that mounting your Soundbar at the exact same time would certainly be save you money. You should also buy all the necessary A/V and soundbar mounting brackets before installation. If you haven’t please let us know on tv mounting request form.
Flat Screen Placement
Sometimes, the location of the TV will influence the expense to set up a level screen TV. If it’s challenging to gain access to electricity, then it will be more costly. Supplying AC power will positively influence the methods of install and difficulty for wire concealment. You should make sure to choose a tv mounting location that is easily viewable from as many places as possible feasible. Another consideration to address is the height of the tv wall mount. TV’s mounted too high can lead to neck strain.
Remember that the difficulty of the tv wall mount installation and how you want the electrical wiring to be concealed plays an integral part of the pricing. No matter what you decide, a South Charlotte TV Mounting Service will always do our best to help you plan, price and mount your TV to the wall.