Cost To Mount A TV In Charlotte
How much does it cost to mount a tv in Charlotte is an excellent question and varies substantially depending on the degree of difficulty, materials utilized, and TV mounting service. Buying a brand-new flat-screen TV is a great sensation; however, until you have mounted it on the wall, you haven’t experienced the full effect.
Most specialists, including us, recommend highly that all flat-screen TVs be mounted to the wall for safety, security, and functionality. Mounting these new bigger 4K TVs securely to an acceptable wall structure is critical for child welfare, as written about here.
Factors Affect the Cost To Mount A TV
- The surface area where the tv will be mounted does affect the cost to mount the tv. Brick and stone are more difficult, so there is generally an upcharge. That price includes things like special anchors and additional labor needed.
- The height of the TV mount installation. Prices reflect mounting up to 6ft off the floor.
- Wire concealment immediately after tv installation. Prices for wire concealment vary significantly. Basic drop installations from tv to 16″ off floor. Again like the surface area is, it can affect the cost of mounting a tv.
- The cost to mount a TV over fireplaces can be incredibly hard to estimate due to fire blocking etc. All fireplace estimates are subject to change once a technician is on-site and has been able to properly assess the installation’s difficulty. That being said, we are typically very accurate with our over-the-phone and digital estimates once we obtain the required photos. See the information below about wire concealment.
- Another factor that can affect the cost to mount a tv. Wall Mounts and accessories that the homeowner can purchase or supply are acceptable. Wall mounts can be purchased at most local Charlotte retail outlets and online. South Charlotte Services only makes money on labor, so we have no problem installing a homeowner-supplied wall mount. Just be aware that we can only warranty our products. You still get a 5-year workmanship warranty. We charge $25 to use your mount to assemble and verify the warranty. You will be responsible for registering the mount you purchased
Other Factors That Influence Price | How Much Does It Cost To Mount A TV
Several factors that can certainly influence the cost to wall mount a TV.
Are you attempting to mount a tv over a fireplace? What type of surface are we mounting tv to? Stone or brick? Do you want us to hide the cables if possible? Is there a power outlet nearby? There might also be a sheetrock repair after installation if wire fishing is inhibited. All these affect the true cost to mount a tv.
The next expense is the actual mount. Wall Mounts vary tremendously in functionality, quality, and cost. There are 3 types of wall mounts, whether manually or electrically remote controlled.
- Fixed or Low Profile Mount
- Tilt Mount
- Articulated or Full Motion
All perform a unique task. Fixed mounts are excellent if you are looking for a sleek picture-like appearance. Tilt mounts are designed for higher tv installations like fireplaces and reduce glare. Articulated or full-motion mounts are designed to allow full motion control, meaning viewing from multiple angles.
South Charlotte TV Mounting Cost With Homeowner Supplied Mount
The cost of mounting a tv can vary greatly between installers and products used. At South Charlotte Services, we only use high-quality materials and wall mounts; however, feel free to buy your own. Just don’t buy a cheap mount to hang an expensive TV.
- Basic TV Installation | Up to 50″ $75.00 | 51″to 55 $100.00 | 56″ to 66 $125.00 | 66″up $150
- TV Mounting TV Over Sheetrock Fireplace | $130.00-$170.00
- Mounting TV Above Stone Fireplace | $180.00-$275.00
- Mounting TV Above Brick Fireplace | $150.00-$200.00
- Sound Bar Mounting to TV or Suitable Wall | $50.00-$75.00
- Drop-down Mounting | $350.00-$400.00
- Articulated Mount Assembly | $25.00
- TV Mount Wire Concealment | $25.00-$200.00
- High Strength 32″-70″ Tilt Mounts | $60 Full Warranty
- Duel Arm Articulated or Full Motion Mounts | $100 Full Warranty
More Items That Can Affect the Cost Of TV Mounting
The highest cost for my services is sometimes wire concealment. If your walls or fireplace were not pre-wired during the construction phase, then wire concealment can be expensive. There are two ways to conceal your power, HDMI and fiber lines.
First, you can hide wiring in plastic tracking, which comes in various shapes and sizes. It runs around $30 at Lowes and Home Depot if you want to do it yourself. Once you paint them the color of the wall or fireplace, you forget they are even there.
Secondly, we run all your cabling behind the wall. Suppose you desire to hide the cables inside the wall; that is never an issue. If possible, expect to pay a minimum of $100 for open plate concealment. Materials eat up $25, so you know why most don’t want to do it. If you need new outlets completely, expect to pay $100 to $150 for an electrician or us. We generally charge $50 for necessary on-wall wire concealment. Wire tracking is a great alternative, providing maximum camouflage and security from youngsters and pet dogs getting to the cords. We can discuss those details during the consultation.
The more difficult the post-wiring is, the more it will cost. Behind wall wire concealment can be very difficult if not very expensive if fire-blocking is in your walls or fireplace. Wire concealment can be a catch 22; we can hide anything, but how much are you willing to pay? Inside wall surfaces sometimes function far better than exterior walls because there is no insulation.
When figuring out how much it costs to mount a tv, remember that mounting your Soundbar at the same time would certainly save you money. It would be best to buy all the necessary A/V and soundbar mounting brackets before installation; if you haven’t, please let us know on the tv mounting request form.
Flat Screen Placement
Sometimes, the TV location will influence the expense to set up a level screen TV. If it’s challenging to gain access to electricity, then it will be more costly. Supplying AC power will positively influence installation methods and difficulty for wire concealment. You should make sure to choose a tv mounting location that is easily viewable from as many places as possible. Another consideration to address is the height of the tv wall mount. TV’s mounted too high can lead to neck strain.
Remember that the difficulty of the tv wall mounts installation and how you want the electrical wiring to be concealed plays an integral part in the pricing. No matter what you decide, a South Charlotte TV Mounting Service will always do our best to help you plan, price, and mount your TV to the wall.